Have you ever wished that a big young adult (YA) book tour would make a stop in your hometown? Well, here’s your chance for that wish to come true. YA2U is a contest featuring five award-winning and best-selling authors who want you to tell them where they should visit in an exclusive tour stop.
Beginning today and ending February 15, these authors are collecting votes. Any city in the continental United States, or any Canadian city that has an international airport, qualifies as a potential tour stop for an exclusive visit from all five authors, including an author panel and book signing. Entering is super easy–and if you help spread the word about the contest, you can also enter to win a signed copy of all of their books (TEN signed books in total). The book contest is open internationally.
- Marie Lu, the New York Times best-selling author of Legend and the upcoming Prodigy
- Marissa Meyer, the New York Times best-selling author of Cinder and the upcoming Scarlet
- Beth Revis, the New York Times best-selling author of Across the Universe, A Million Suns, and the upcoming Shades of Earth
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch and the highly-anticipated upcoming The Archived
- Megan Shepherd, author of the debut novel The Madman’s Daughter
To participate, just go to the YA2U website and let them know what city you want them to visit. While you’re there, help spread the word about the contest for a chance to win all of their books–TEN signed books in total.
Obviously, I’m partial to Atlanta, GA and would love to see the YA2U tour come here. Creative Loafing published a great arts and entertainment feature about the burgeoning literary scene in Atlanta. And we’re home to the nation’s largest independent book festival and the world’s busiest international airport. Just sayin’.
Thanks to YA2U for listing Southern Spines as one of their book blogs to check out on the contest home page! Remember, the contest ends on February 15.